Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Realtionship Counter Generator

three years after the issue of human

the day of return to his already full of mixed emotions and nostalgia do not know exactly where and what was even more special.
The return flight, and 'was deleted, there was just the air. After a grueling wait at the airport, they decided to put us in a hotel. I will not speak of chaos and inefficiency in managing the Indian situation, which by now I'm used to and you do not see anything wrong, on the other hand, we are in India.
What struck me is another matter however, as to think that the cancellation was a sign. They are rational in nature and in a sense be a month in India has made me more rational, so if your flight is canceled, it is because there was a technical problem and nothing else. Cause and effect. No end. But if only for a moment to play the game of signs and meanings, we wanted to find a way at all costs, I could say that made me stay an extra day because there was something I had not seen yet and I had see before leaving.

poverty, degradation, suffering, I had seen widely. But luxury has not.
The hotel where we had put a 5-star super-luxury. Close proximity to airport, or even close to the slums (there are cabins attached to the runway, I read that there were finite even above, and then were blown down ...). In fact you go to get in the middle of streets on the sides of which there are dozens of shacks piled on each other. The hotel is surrounded by a wall and enter through a gate guarded by a dozen armed men.
Inside, the luxury. One of those "lavish riches" of which reads institute for the blind. A huge hall, frighteningly huge, lush with fountains of water, with pianos grand staircases and a princess, onto which the doors of the rooms, ten floors of luxury rooms.
Outside, the usual 35 degrees with 100% humidity, indoors, air-conditioning so strong that not enough for me all the clothes I took to cover me from the cold.
Outside, children who rolls through the mountains of waste, inside businessmen Navigation million dollars or euro from their laptop.
Inside the hotel then there is a huge buffet with every kind of dish, Indian, Western, Chinese, fish, meat, fruits, vegetables, shrimp, soup, salad, curry, sweet. Open 24 hours a day. And people eat out of rubbish.
I go to the top floor better view from above. It 'hard to see below, there are no railings anywhere, you almost do not want to show off. But I find a window to the side and I can watch below. We can see from the outdoor pool in the garden: the people (here in the pool mainly in the West) that takes the sun, which makes diving. Beyond the wall, just leaning against the wall, tin sheds people and dirty, very dirty, with no running water, no water, no toilets and latrines. But how do they do? Let me be clear: I mean how do those who make dives to take the plunge.
crow flies only two or three meters. But they do not see each other: the wall and very green and tropical palm trees separating the two worlds.

me think it is immoral. The word haunts me all day. Immoral.
But then slowly I am reminded that our morality is not 'theirs, that morality is not something universal. Maybe there is not even the concept of morality in India. Immoral for me, I grew up in Christianity and that, while not making it anymore, somehow I fed right and wrong, moral and immoral, do good to others and do harm. So saying "immoral" I'm just judging by my meter with my culture.

But another word (another trial) grant me, justified by the fact that I have suggested them, the Indians. It 's that "inhuman" already had me thinking that I could think of at night along the sidewalks, day in front of people without arms.
E 'inhumane gap. Yes, it's inhumane.
E 'with these words in mind and heart that I leave India, where we are from another plane in the middle of the night.

But every word contains, denying even its opposite. And inside there is inhuman human.
Now, here, at a distance of thousands of kilometers from Mumbai and a few weeks, but this is the word that I have left, that I took with me: human. Why then, from a distance remember the faces, people, looks more human than ever, in their equally desperate condition of the inhabitants of the platform or businessmen. Because inside the inhuman, we are human and maybe it's right there in the end you have to go and look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment